Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

CD19 - OHSS?!

If you have read my yesterday's post I talked about all the pain I've been feeling and listed off my symptoms. I also googled the symptoms of OHSS and decided to make a post about my findings. I'm sure most of you already know all this but for those of you that are like me and always heard of OHSS and know what it stands for but not what all the side effects and symptoms are here they are!

OHSS = Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome

According tho this website

Mild to moderate OHSS symptoms can include:
- Mild to moderate abdominal pain that may come and go
- Abdominal bloating or increased waist size
- Nausea 
- Vomiting
- Diarrhea 
- Tenderness in the area of your ovaries

Some women who use injectable fertility drugs get a mild form of OHSS, which goes away after about a week. If pregnancy occurs, however, symptoms of OHSS may worsen and last several days to weeks. 

Severe OHSS symptoms can include: 
- Rapid weight gain such as 5 pounds in one day or 10 pounds in three days or more.
- Severe abdominal pain
- Severe persistent nausea and vomiting
- Decreased urination
- Dark urine
- Shortness of breath
- Tight or enlarged abdomen
- Dizziness

I found ALOT of really neat information from this site ---> www.ivf.com/ohss.html
It's all described really well and worth checking out their website as there's just too much good information to relate on here. It tells you all the "Facts about Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome" like the "Signs and Symptoms" - "Why it happens" and "What to do". In each sections they give you examples of what you may be experiencing if you are having Mild OHSS, Moderate OHSS and Severe OHSS.

I then typed in OHSS in google images and oh boy I really do not wish that upon anyone! :S If you haven't yet, have fun googling it! :P

The Crafty Infertile Mrs.White

No comments:

Post a Comment